Warts are caused by a common contagious viral infection and appear in the outer layers of the skin.
It is a highly effective wart treatment that involves a focused microwave signal being emitted into the affected tissue.
The rapid heating of the wart to 42-45 degrees Celsius can cause discomfort for a few seconds. This temperature is only a few degrees warmer than a hot bath.
The microwaves cause heat shock within the infected cells. This causes the wart to release proteins into the blood stream, which promote an immune response.
Microwaves are a form of non-ionising radiation which can not cause damage to the DNA of living things. SWIFT uses low energy levels that only vibrate water molecules and only penetrate tissue to 3mm.
Most patients require three treatments however this is dependant on how you respond to treatment.
Patients benefit from a rapid, highly effective treatment, no dressings required, no self-care required, pain relief post treatment and only a few treatments needed.